So today Chris and I were listening to some worship music. We had such a feeling of peace after what could be described as a very stressful week.
We talked about how God has been so good and faithful to us and reminisced on how over the years, He has blessed us.
We spoke about keeping on in faith and overcoming illness and the imminence of the Blessed Hope or Rapture.
We talked of how we were meant to be together and how God was our Matchmaker.
Sharing stories of how our faith had taken shape when we were children, with Chris aware that Christ was in Christopher, his name. He later learned that it meant Bearer of Christ.
I shared how being called Glenys and finding out it meant holy, clean and good also shaped my faith.
The presence of the Holy Spirit was very strong, and we gave into it with singing loudly and passionately, with tears...
When the music stopped, we both realised how loud we were and how awful we must have sounded.
We had a laugh, but then I shared with Chris how as a child, I had asked the LORD to make me a singer to worship Him. I prayed that prayer for many years.... my voice was at most, pleasant, not great.
Finally, when I was an adult, praying that prayer again, I felt the LORD tell me that us just making a joyful noise to Him was enough. Our praise pleased and delighted Him just the same.
Telling this to Chris made us laugh because we thought our praise must have really, really delighted Him, even if not our neighbours...
© Glenys Robyn Hicks
"Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all the earth: Make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise" -Psalm 98:4
Hi, Glenys. Nice to meet you! It would have been funny if I was walking past your home and heard it outdoors! My husband and I have been very blessed as well. We had nothing when we married. Now we have a wonderful home, good health, grown children and grand kids. Both of our parents are still with us. Health is declining but still here to make memories.
ReplyDeleteThank you for visiting Life Captured!
All the best.
Debra @ Life Captured
Nice to meet you too, Debra! Thanks for taking the time to comment today!
Delete