Recently I have been overwhelmed with problems that can only be helped by praying. The most recent trial came this week with my youngest (adult) child suffering from the aftereffects of breast surgery.
This particular surgery has been repeated three times and each time the sac of her cyst was not removed properly and reoccurred. Followed by a golden staph infection. Followed by antibiotics. Followed by lots of pain.
So a week after this last surgery, the dressing was particularly stained with infection again. This necessitated another visit to her general practitioner to be treated.
This turned out to be the straw that broke this mother's back and I had a panic attack, believing she could perhaps lose her breast or contract septicaemia.. (her bandage certainly looked purilent enough)
I took myself to bed early and spoke to the LORD about my fears for my daughter. Once again, I felt that peace that enveloped me like a cloak of warmth. I experienced that before when the same daughter was fighting for her life with leukaemia.
In the middle of committing my girl into God's care, I fell asleep next to my little cat Xena who was purring against me and trying to comfort her mum. I had a restful night despite feeling initial panic.
We prayed for her this morning before her doctor appointment. The results were wonderful. The wound had healed well. No infection. Just some residual ooze after the wound was initially closed.
Antibiotics were prescribed to be absolutely sure that it not become infected. We are so glad that this time there's a happier outcome than the 2 previous surgeries.
Once again, the LORD is true to His Word and was there for me as I came to Him in a panic. He gave me perfect peace even as the waves of fear rose up threatening to drown me.
Feeling the peace that passes all understanding, I was able to give it all to God and sleep like a baby.
© Glenys Robyn Hicks

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting with me today. I love to hear from you. I may not always be able to reply right away, but I will respond to every comment you leave. Blessings and comfort, Glenys